Wednesday, June 10, 2009

RGB'd


right onnnnnnnnnn
so this is what it's SUPPOSED to look like.
now, thoughts? general criticisms?

2 comments:

  1. this is a bit nit-picky, but i think the close-cropping could be better on some of the flowers (in particular the photos).

    I'm not sure if you're doing any fancy printing effect, can't remember reading that in either post. But it might be interesting to see something on one of the minor elements like the starburst or the pattern on the corners.

    Also, did you draw those flowers? They are great! I must admit that I'm a bit surprised you went this route when your illustration skills are really good. I'm not suggesting you change it drastically but maybe adding/replacing some more illustrated details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtenay, I think this has come a long way since I saw your initial piece. The illustrations add loads to it! Great job.

    Love how the dog became this icon! I still think you should persue the clear gloss foil or varnish (pending on paper). I suggest the foil to be banded in the sun rays alternating. I think that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete