Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More stuff to look at!

Here's what I've been working on. My concept is kind of inspired by vanitas and memento mori images. Y'know, those old still lifes that are full of skeletons and dying flowers and soap bubbles and hourglasses and are supposed to remind you that life is fleeting, and every moment is temporary.   
My challenge to myself was to make this whimsical looking, not depressing, and to do it without any skulls (because skulls are one of my things that I use way too often). I started working with this idea of mostly mundane objects disappearing and becoming memories.
I may change some stuff around before this is finished, and I'm especially undecided about the colors. Which of these two do you prefer?
(I'm thinking of doing some sort of gloss/varnish/clear foil/shiny on the bubbles)








2 comments:

  1. looks great!

    i prefer the one with the pink background... not sure why, i think it makes the bubbles stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! i'd have to agree with sergio, the pink one is my fav. i think it goes with the happy feeling more? The blue makes the pink interior look more red and ominous.

    ReplyDelete